Friday, October 9, 2015

Vintage Spice and Epsom Salts Tins!

I was roaming around a flea market recently and came upon some shelves of old rusty tins of food items and pharmaceutical items.


I love the old packaging and fonts on spice tins and goodies from the medicine cabinet. I even remember being a kid in the 80s and going through my mom's cupboard and checking out all the labels and little miniature bottles of ointments and such.


I really enjoyed seeing this old spice tin, especially since it was marked with a Vancouver based company. I bet the stuff inside isn't food safe or anything, but it was funny to pick up these containers and note that they were nearly full.


Pretty sharp edges up top on the canister though! Maybe some food packaging items these days are better in the modern world, eh?


I always feel a little pang of disappointment these days when purchasing Vaseline and Mentholatum and the like, since they're always in plastic tubs with plastic lids. Too bad they don't have the metal lids and glass containers like they used to!



1 comment:

  1. I too, miss the glass jars and metal lids that Vaseline and other items came in! But I guess it's safer (and cheaper) for companies to bottle their ointments and potions in plastic.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...