Monday, October 19, 2015

Garage Sale Le Creuset Skillet!

Can't believe I held out on you guys on this piece... a $2 garage sale score. I love coming up to a garage sale in the neighbourhood when you least expect it. You know, the ones that aren't advertised on craigslist, or the ones where the seller just wants to get rid of stuff.
 

That must have been the case here, cause I scored this beauty for two bucks! It was definitely a low-effort kinda garage sale. I'm not sure if you can tell from these pics, but there was literally dog hair and bread crumbs on the interior of the pan... And some unknown sticky substance on the underside!


I found this in the bottom of a box of pans, and was pretty thrilled when the seller quoted me the price. Sometimes, you just have to dig around to get a deal!


I ended up cleaning this pan by giving it a good scrub and seasoning it with some bacon fat. Luckily, I had a friend who was in the market for a good cast iron skillet, and it doesn't get any better than these puppies.


I purchased this last summer, and since then, it's been put to good use. Le Creuset cast iron skillets are great for searing things off since they retain so much heat, and do so evenly.


I love good quality things, but it's hard to pay the $200 that this pan retails for. It's always such a high to get a smoking deal at the garage sale, even when it takes a little bit of work to shine the pieces up again. =)

3 comments:

  1. Holy Hannah that was an amazing score, I have never seen Le Creuset in the wild.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour of the pan. I would have been so tempted to keep it. Thanks for stopping by LHeure Bleue At Home. I will check out your bread recipe and try your suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colour of the pan. I would have been so tempted to keep it. Thanks for stopping by LHeure Bleue At Home. I will check out your bread recipe and try your suggestions!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...